We are now accepting registrations for pgDay Paris 2024!
|Available to everybody
|Requires valid proof of enrollment in any academic institution at the time of the conference, contact us if you are uncertain if you qualify.
|Requires valid proof of unemployment at the time of registration, contact us if you are uncertain if you qualify.
All prices include VAT.
A free postgresql.org community account is required for each person wishing to register. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one during the registration process.
The registration fee depends on the type of registration. It must be paid in advance using one of the approved methods. Please verify that your payment has been received within one week of paying it (by checking the status on the registration form), and contact us if it hasn’t.
Once your registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email. The email is sent from email@example.com so make sure to add it to your contacts list to avoid it reaching your spam folder.
You can pay using Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express), via our payment provider Stripe, or by bank transfer. If you have a company department making the payments, please see the section on paying somebody else’s invoice. If you plan to register many attendees to be paid for by the same person, please see the section on registering for somebody else.
PostgreSQL Europe is VAT registered in France since 2016. As the event is held in Paris, all registrations will include the French VAT of 20%. For further information about VAT on our invoices, please see the VAT FAQ.
Invoices and receipts
When you have filled our your details in the registration form, an invoice will be automatically generated for you. An invoice is generated regardless of which payment method you choose. Once an invoice has been generated, it can no longer be changed, so make sure you validate that it has any required company information on it. If it is incorrect, you can cancel the invoice, change the details and generate a new one. Note that once an invoice has been paid, it can no longer be cancelled or changed in any way.
Once your payment has completed, you will receive a PDF copy of your receipt using email, and it will also be available for download on the registration page. This normally only takes a few minutes after your payment has completed, but it is not sent until the process is complete so in particular with some slow payment methods such as bank transfer, there may be a significant delay.
Paying with bank transfer
We generally recommend paying with a credit card payment as these payments complete immediately and have a fully automated workflow that makes it much harder for mistakes to happen. If necessary we do have the ability to accept payments using IBAN bank transfers. Note that this method of payment will be automatically disabled if the event is close to selling out, or if the waitlist has activated, due to the unpredictable delays of such payments.
- The payment reference provided on the invoice or on the payment page must be entered correctly on the transfer. In particular, the payment reference must be used, and not the invoice number.
- Payment must be made in exact amount of Euro. If you are making the payment from outside the Euro-zone, make sure that your bank submits the exact EUR amount, with no rounding. If the amount is incorrect, the payment will not be processed.
- Payment must be completed by the deadline listed on the invoice. This means it must have reached our bank account with the correct payment information. Always make sure the invoice is paid immediately, to allow for the many delays in the banking system. If the payment arrives after the invoice has been canceled due to late payment, it will not be processed and the registration will not be confirmed.
Visa invitation letter
If you need a visa invitation letter, please follow the instructions listed on this page. Please be aware that we can only issue invitation letters once your registration is completed.
If you need to cancel your registration after you have paid, please contact us via email for manual handling. The refund we can offer depends on when you cancel so please cancel as soon as you know you won’t be able to make it to the event.
|Cancel on or before
|February 15, 2024
|February 29, 2024
|March 6, 2024
Cancellations on or after March 7, 2024 cannot be refunded.
Tickets purchased with the discount code “BLIND” are not refundable.
All cancellations incur a €20 administration fee.
Registration is personal, and there is no facility for transferring it. We do however allow a registration to be transferred to another individual within the same organization when there is a legitimate reason which prevents participation. The transfer carries an administrative charge of €20. Contact us for assistance with transferring an existing, and paid for, registration.
Tickets purchased with the discount code “BLIND” are not transferrable.
Paying somebody else’s invoice
If you need to make a registration where somebody else (such as a company finance department) makes the payment, this is of course also possible. In this scenario, make sure that you follow this process:
- The person attending the conference makes and completes the registration form logged in using their personal account.
- Once the registration details are filled out, proceed to generate the invoice for the registration.
- Once the invoice is generated, there will be a field at the bottom of the invoice specification labeled External link. This link should be sent to the person paying the invoice.
- The person paying the invoice can then access the invoice using this link without logging in, and proceed to make the payment using credit card, PayPal, Trustly or IBAN bank transfer.
- If the invoice is to be payed with IBAN bank transfer only, it is also possible to just forward the invoice in PDF format to the person making the payment. Any other payment methods require the link to be used.
If you have any questions at all regarding registration or payments, don’t hesitate to contact us.